Region: Veneto, Italy
Grape: 60% Corvina, 20% Corvinone and 20% Rondinella. Year 2012
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Densely concentrated and deeply coloured, often almost syrupy in texture, this behaves similarly to a sweet wine without technically being sweet.
- Amarone is the big palate tease, letting all its luscious, sappy fruit flavours hang out before covering up with a savoury robe of alcohol, acidity and tannin. Aromas include dark cherry syrup, coffee, vanilla, almonds, chocolate, leather and spice.
- Known in its home region of the Veneto as a 'Meditation wine', it is traditionally paired with game, char-grilled beef, stews and braised meats, however, the smoothness of the dried fruit flavours allows for modern and daring pairing... tuna tartare, sushi.
- Open at least an hour before serving.
- Awarded 93 points by Wine Spectator.