Vineyard: Le Guaite di Noemi
Region: Veneto, Italy
Grape: 35% Corvina, 35% Rondinella, 30% Corvinone. Year 2011
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Recioto della Valpolicella, the ultimate match for a hunk of Gorgonzola or Robiola, two of Italy's more potent cheeses. Another heady combination is chocolate which seems to intensify with the alcoholic sweetness of this wine.
- Unlike Amarone, Recioto is made by halting the fermentation of the wine so that some residual sugar remains. This sugar, combined with extract and alcohol, can make Recioto almost overwhelming in its intensity, with rich fruit aromas of raisin, black cherry and plums and a weight on the palate that almost makes it a meal in itself!
- Grapes are dried for 6 months followed by fermentation in stainless steel. Fermentation is halted when the wine reaches 12% alcohol. Ageing in new French oak for 3 years, followed by 6 months in stainless steel. Further ageing in bottle for 3 years prior to release.
- Savour this after a meal with dessert or with chunks of rich, dark chocolate. Serving temperature 15 degrees. Open at least an hour before serving.