Vineyard: Nunzi Conti
Region: Tuscany, Italy
Grape: Sangiovese. Year 2016
Organic red wine. 2016 is our new vintage (images still show previous)
Bronze medal winner at Decanter Asia 2015 Wine Awards.
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles or in a 2-bottle box with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Made as an 83% Sangiovese blend and finished off with Merlot, Canaiolo and Colorino, this Chianti is medium-bodied with the high acidity and bite of tannins that characterize this wine.
- Chianti, famous the world over as being Italy's largest exported red wine, is one of the most important native reds in Italy.
- You get an aroma and flavour of red cherry that's so distinct and slightly rasping that it can only be found in Tuscany. Drinking it is like eating berries in the woods, the spicy scents of the underbrush mingling with the sweetness of fruit, and whilst tannins are present, they mellow nicely with age.
- This particular Chianti is cultivated in one of the seven sub-zones, in the heart of the Chianti region, and can therefore be labelled 'Classico', meaning it has more time in the barrel and has lower yields than other Chiantis, allowing the vines to produce higher quality fruit.
- The label depicts the animals found in and around the vineyard, all pests to the winemaker and vines because, like most, they've all succumbed to the elegance and distinctness of the Sangiovese grape.
- Great with regional foods such as Florentine bistecca, wild boar or fillet steak, slow-roasted lamb and medium ripe cheeses.
- The wine is aged in wooden barrels for at least 8 months followed by a minimum 3 months ageing in bottle before release.