Region: Pescara, Abruzzo, south-east Italy.
Grape: 100% Montepulciano. Year 2015.
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Montepulciano is the second most planted red grape in Italy (after Sangiovese) and until the last decade, has had a reputation for churning out low priced, juicy "pizza friendly" reds. However, with modern winemakers taking over at the helm of their forefathers, this isn't the case today.
- 'Donna Bosco', from outside Pescara in Abruzzo on the Adriatic coast is an example of the amazing potential this grape can bring when cultivated well. For example, it's inky deep-purple colour with bursting black-fruits such as black cherry, blackberry and red plum really take a hold and coax your palate. It's a wine that can become more complex after 4/5 years ageing, with developments of chocolate and coffee showing through, but equally drinkable at the time of bottling.
- With its robust and dense nature, this wine will often call for richer, savoury foods, like a roasted pork shoulder or beef Wellington with the caramelised sweetness of roasted winter vegetables. Basically anything with substance!
- The label is from a painting by 70 year- old Costa Rican artist Lilian and is dedicated to a Bosco family member who supported the winery over its long history.