Vineyard: Terra di Briganti
Region: Benevento, Campania, southern Italy
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Head south to the region of Campania, home to Naples and the Amalfi coast, both dream destinations for foreigners and Italian visitors alike during the summer months. Here you will find the Aglianico grape which, much like the south of Italy, is explosive, expressive and powerful. Concentrated red and black fruits arrived at by long ripening seasons under constant Mediterranean sunshine, erupt on your tastebuds, giving way to acidity and spice, whilst the tannins (especially when young) envelop the gums and can leave a rather bitter and dryness sensation. However they will soften over time and are fundamental for the ageing of Aglianico which in most cases can cellar happily for 10+ years or more.
- Some winemakers go as far to say that Aglianico is the 'Barolo of the south'. Perhaps not entirely different, Aglianico leans more towards ripeness of fruit, whilst the Nebbiolo of Barolo is more reminiscent of leather, tea leaves and cigar boxes. This wine is a perfect match for red meats, stews and ripe cheeses. Decanting will ensure that the wine opens up, unlocking its full and layered fruits and aromas.
- Fermented in steel vats at a controlled temperature with the skin maceration lasting around 10-12 days. A further 20% of the wine is aged and refined in French barrique for a period of 6 months, with a further 3 months in bottle before release.
- This is a punchy, musky, masculine wine, just what you would expect from the Land of the Brigands. Put down your musket and drink this with hearty meat dishes..