Vineyard: Terra di Briganti
Region: Benevento, Campania, southern Italy.
Organic white wine.
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or a single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- With this wine we find ourselves way south in Campania -with Naples the capital - and a vineyard called the ‘Land of the Brigands’. Legend has the region being ruled by thieves and outlaws and the label depicts a fierce-looking woman carrying a musket.
- The Falanghina grape has a decidedly floral aroma, with notes of citrus blossoms and a refreshing crispness that’s long lasting and elegant. Once overshadowed by its more well-known but often unremarkable cousins, it is finally getting the recognition it justly deserves.
- It’s light enough to have at lunchtime but also has a distinctive flavour that can happily complement food, imagine tucking into a bowl of spaghetti vongole on a sunny summer’s day.
- If you like Pinot Grigio, then this will blow you away; with more finesse and a light golden hue generated by glorious southern sunshine, it has more mouthfeel and texture. Decidedly popular amongst the locals who love a long lunch on the coastal shores of pastel-coloured fishing villages, sampling the catch of the day, it’s an important Italian grape to have on your radar.
- Should you be trying to capture the essence of the Neapolitan Riviera at home in your garden, this is the wine!