Region: Marsala, Sicily.
Grape: Parpato. Year 2020
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2-bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Made from 100% Parpato grapes from 25-year-old vines. A vibrant and fruity red, bursting with Mediterranean herbs and fresh red fruits, an easy-drinking style of wine that can be enjoyed all year around thanks to its intricate flavours and delicate acidity.
- Vinified in stainless steel and aged for eight months on the fine lees.
- Majara is the name of the second project of the Bertolino brothers. Having experienced "majarìa d'amuri" (love at first sight) for an old vineyard, Salvatore and Gabriele decided to take it on and use it for the production of a new wine derived from an ancient vine that the locals call "paippato” or quattro rappe (literally four bunches) - a vine that recent studies have shown derives from Carignan. The vineyard is located in the Rassallemi district, a clay/sandy lowland on the north-east slope of Marsala, most commonly used for the cultivation of red grape varieties.
- The name Majara means sorceress: traditionally a woman using nature's produce to make magical healing remedies.