Rosso delle Ripalte Alicante NEW
Vineyard: Tenuta delle Ripalte
Region: Capoliveri, Elba, Tuscany.
Grape: Alicante. Year 2020
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- From the island of Elba’s south-eastern tip comes this wonderfully Mediterranean red grape variety, Alicante. A biotype of Garnacha (Grenache in France) it has found its ideal habitat nestled along Tuscany’s coastline – the heart of the Mediterranean basin.
- Long, consistently hot summer days and cool sea breezes give Alicante its unique and rather heavenly characteristics.
- Ruby red in colour, the prettiest nose of candied strawberry, violets and potpourri-like dried herbs and spices.
- On the palate it is fresh, those perfumed red fruits coming through along a backbone of bright and clean acidity.
- Food pairings could range from an artisanal sourdough pizza through to a spicy lentil stew. Sheep’s milk cheeses such as Manchego or Pecorino Toscano would complement this wine.