Vineyard: Tenuta delle Ripalte
Region: Capoliveri, Elba, Tuscany.
Grape: Aleatico. Year 2021
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- The grapes that produce Rosato delle Ripalte come from the Poggio Turco vineyards planted with Aleatico, the best known and most typical vine found on the island of Elba, where Napoleon lived out his days. It is a new interpretation of an old vine, grown on the high terraces overlooking the sea on the southernmost tip of the island.
- The structure is light but does not deprive of those ripe red-fruit flavours that are ever present. The colour of this rosé is similar to tea rose and evokes sensations of wild red fruits combined wonderfully with the freshness of this wine.
- On the nose it is vibrant and and rich: flowers and sweet red fruits such as melon, strawberry and cranberry with a touch of Mediterranean shrub.
- On the palate it is balanced and fresh with delicate forest-fruit flavours.
- In addition to the classic pairings of seafood, this rosé is also ideal with fish tartare and sushi, Greek or Niçoise salads and asparagus dishes. Soft fresh cheeses such as burrata or goat’s cheese.