Vineyard: Antonio Mazzella
Region: Ischia, Campania.
Grape: Biancolella. Year 2021
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2-bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Biancolella is a native white grape variety that’s typically found among the islands off the coast of Naples, particularly the island of Ischia. Here you’ll find the small, family-run cantina of Antonio Mazzella, who has garnered much attention in the past few years for the countless awards won.
- I came across the classic Biancolella DOC on a recent trip to Naples despite the fact that almost every enoteca and restaurant worth mentioning had all sold out and were eagerly awaiting the new 2021 vintage.
- Elegant citrus fruits mingle with perfumed flowers and Mediterranean herbs.
- The balance between acidity and fruit is in perfect harmony, no doubt due to the diurnal temperature fluctuations between day (hot) and night (cool), and like most wines cultivated on the islands of the Mediterranean, you’ll find a gentle trickle of salinity on the palate that lends to a terrific pairing with all types of seafood: from shellfish to delicate whole fish such as seabass and bream. So, slice up a lemon and some fresh parsley because this wine is the perfect summer accompaniment.