Vineyard: Feudo di San Maurizio
Region: Valle d'Aosta, Italy
Grape: Muller Thurgau. Year 2019
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Müller-Thurgau is a white grape variety which was created by Hermann Müller from the Swiss Canton of Thurgau in 1882. Made by crossing Riesling and Madeleine Royal, it has in recent times become the most famous among all the hybrid varieties, often referred to as ‘new breeds’.
- This particular bottling comes from the Italian region of Valle d'Aosta where vineyards can be found at 4,000ft in altitude, allowing the grapes to finish ripening and also keeping that desired acidity level that makes Müller-Thurgau a go-to for crisp, fresh whites that are as enchanting as they are enjoyable.
- On the nose expect fragrant scents of white flowers, fresh herbs and white peach. On the palate it is dry with distinct hints of citrus fruits and a brisk, clean finish. Great for alfresco dining, colourful salads, quiche or goats cheese tartlets.