Vineyard: Feudo di San Maurizio
Region: Valle d'Aosta, Italy
Grape: 100% Petite Arvine. Year 2020
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
Only 1 left!
- Petite Arvine is a white grape variety, native to Valais in Switzerland, from where it has spread down into the Italian region of Valle d’Aosta and its name refers to the small berries it produces.
- The Valle d’Aosta is a perfect breeding ground for this grape variety, content to grow at very high altitudes, nicknamed “vine of the glaciers”.
- A phenomenally well-structured wine with appealing intensity and floral aromas. On the palate it is fresh and vibrant and has a gentle roundness that suggests alpine herbs, fleshy citrus fruits and honeysuckle. The finish is elegant, the acidity brisk and persistent with hints of salinity and wisteria.
- Food pairings to suggest with Petite Arvine include roast turbot with a lemon, fennel and tarragon dressing, Asian noodle dishes with vegetables and white meats such as chicken or pork.