Vineyard: Feudo di San Maurizio
Region: Valle d'Aosta, Italy
Grape: 100% Vuillermin. Year 2019
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Vuillermin is another of Valle d’Aosta’s native grape varieties that seemed destined for extinction at the beginning of the 20th century; luckily, fate intervened and breathed a new lease of life into this rare grape variety.
- This is a medium-weight wine that is aromatic, bold and powerful in structure and well balanced. Deep ruby red in colour with a floral, spiced pepper and herbaceous nose. On the palate it is brimming with red and black forest fruits, and has a lovely freshness to it that keeps the overall structural components in check.
- Vuillermin is yet another example of an indigenous Valle d’Aosta wine that age very well and soften over time.
- Food pairings such as gnocchi with dolcelatte cheese and pancetta, or a rustic sausage casserole will do it justice.