Vineyard: Dario Coos
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia, North-east Italy
Grape: 100% Riesling Renano. Year 2018
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Debuting amongst the current Dario Coos production line as of this year (2020) is their 2018 Riesling, a great example of a dry, northern Italian Riesling and how clean, fresh and precise they can be.
- Straw yellow with light green reflections in appearance.
- On the nose, it is immediately characterised by notes of citrus zest, white peach and apricot plus a distinctive aroma similar to petroleum, which is a natural compound (TDN) and this becomes more distinguishable as the wine ages.
- The grapes’ subtle varietal note is immediately recognisable, along with a minerality and a steely, persistent acidity.
- Foods pairings: fried or baked whole fish, shellfish dishes, cream sauces, sautéed mushrooms, roasted lemon and thyme chicken, charcuterie. Cheeses such as feta and parmesan will compliment this wine very nicely.