Vineyard: Tenuta delle Ripalte
Region: Capoliveri, Elba, Tuscany.
Grape: 100% Alicante. Year 2016
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
Only 1 left!
- This ‘cru’ bottling from Tenuta delle Ripalte is produced with grapes that are hand-picked and meticulously selected from the vineyards of Pascoli Alti located in Capoliveri at approximately 300m asl.
- The long, drawn-out days of abundant sunshine ensure the grapes reach peak ripening quality, whilst the significant drop in temperature at night preserves the balance of natural acids in the grapes, providing that essential balance between ripeness of fruit, structure and freshness.
- The soils found here are volcanic (metamorphic granite) which accounts for the minerality and salinity present in this wine.
- On the nose, expect violets, dried Mediterranean herbs, candied red fruits such as strawberry and raspberry with a slight peppery finish. The palate is filled with those perfumed violet notes, bursting red fruits and an almost candied extract flavour with a black peppery finish.
- Vinified in stainless steel after manual harvest, the wine undergoes an ageing period of 6 months in second passage French tonneaux. The tannins are soft and supple, kept in balance with the wines brisk, natural acidity.
- In the summer, this would pair nicely with tomato and basil Gazpacho or steamed mussels in a tomato, garlic and caper sauce. Or a bowl of pappardelle pasta and wild herb sausages, or some grilled chicken or lamb kebab.