Origini Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore
Vineyard: Fattoria Nanni
Region: Apiro, Le Marche.
Grape: 100% Verdicchio. Year 2018
Image coming soon!
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Verdicchio, arguably Italy’s greatest native white grape variety is recognisable the world over by its slender hour-glass bottles, however these are often inferior examples of a potentially excellent wine.
- Wines from the best sites at higher altitudes and with lower yields will display stone fruits, citrus peel and an array of floral notes mixed with Mediterranean shrubs and a persistent, saline acidity.
- These well-crafted Verdicchios can potentially age for several years, gaining far more complexity. When enjoyed young, expect wines to be floral, fruity and delicate whilst with age, notes of marzipan and acacia appear, reminiscent of a Timorasso.
- One classic tell-tale sign when tasting Verdicchio is its typical note of sweet almond and slightly bitter but pleasant aftertaste.
- Pair this with a lovely bowl of linguine with fresh prawns and asparagus tips. Slice up some Pecorino Romano or Cambozola on a herby cracker.