Vineyard: Tenuta delle Ripalte
Region: Capoliveri, Elba, Tuscany.
Grape: 90% Vermentino, 10% Petit Manseng. Year 2021
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- With investment pouring into Tuscany's coastal wine regions these days, Vermentino is definitely a white wine to look out for. This grape thrives in the maritime climate, being hardy enough to withstand the heat whilst also ripening late. It has a refreshing sea breeze quality to it, whilst carrying Mediterranean scents of wild fennel, pine, white flowers and finishing with a mineral, salty kick.
- People don't immediately think of the Mediterranean when conjuring up images of Tuscany but Vermentino could be the most characteristic Tuscan white grape variety of them all.
- This bottling, which comes out of the small, boutique vineyard plantings of Tenuta delle Ripalte located on the picturesque Island of Elba, is brimming with grapefruit, zesty citrus, orange peel and white peach. Being in contact with the lees for a few months prior to bottling gives it just enough muscle and texture to stand up to the strongly flavoured fish soups and shellfish found dotted along Elba’s pristine coastline.
- Look to pair with feta or ricotta cheese to compliment the freshness of the wine. Serve chilled on a warm sunny day for that true summer-in-a-glass sensation.