Cerasuolo di Vittoria
Region: Ragusa, Sicily
Grape: Nero d'Avola, Frappato. Year 2017
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Currently Sicily's only DOCG certified wine, made up of a prestigious blend of 2 indigenous Sicilian varieties, Nero d’Avola (60%) and Frappato, Cerasuolo di Vittoria is an exemplar of how well these grapes complement each other; the Nero d’Avola the more concentrated, powerful and richer of the two, while the Frappato delivers freshness, more perfumed aromas, with a bright acidity that is perhaps needed in taming the Nero d’Avola, particularly in very hot vintages.
- Ripe black fruits mingling with sour red cherries, notes of herbs and balsamic tones all emanate from the glass, with dried strawberries, ripe sour cherries, stewed plums and a hint of warm spice on the palate.
- Pasta dishes or risottos mixed with foraged ingredients such as porcini mushrooms would pair nicely with this, as would barbecued meats or cold cut salumis. Fresh, soft cheeses will really draw out the Frappato.