Vineyard: Giusti & Zanza
Region: Tuscany, Italy
Grape: Trebbiano and Semillon. Year 2016
- Organic white wine.Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or a single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- This Tuscan white is made from a blend of Trebbiano Toscano and Semillon.
- Trebbiano Toscano is by far the most-planted white grape in Tuscany and is highly productive, resistant to disease and pests and naturally high in acidity, making it popular with winemakers throughout the region. Chances are, if you are drinking a white wine in a Tuscan trattoria, you’re drinking a Trebbiano-based wine
- Semillon is a white grape that’s native to Bordeaux and resembles the native pronunciation of its founding town, Saint-Emillion. Best suited to coastal areas with sunny days and cool nights, the grape is full in character with low acidity and an almost oily texture which can age well especially with short-oak ageing. In France, it’s a key grape variety in sweet wines such as Sauternes.
- This wine is aged in French tonneau for 4 months, giving it hints of honey and acacia whilst keeping that clean and crisp citrus component that’s a perfect companion to rich seafood dishes like fish pie and creamy seafood risotto or lemon and thyme roast chicken.
- The pretty label is always a talking point and is fittingly taken from an Italian opera L’Elisir d’Amore – The Elixir of Love.