Franciacorta Satèn Brut
Vineyard: Borgo la Gallinaccia
Region: Brescia, Italy
Grape: 100% Chardonnay. 2013
Organic Brut sparkling white.
Case of 6 x Franciacorta Satèn is £162.00 and qualifies for FREE delivery
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
- Satèn, meaning ‘silk’ in Italian, is unique among the sparkling wines of Franciacorta.
- It is made from 100% Chardonnay and is always Brut, but the real technical difference lies in the dosage (or ‘sugar top-up’) which is less than in other sparkling wines. This lower sugar dosage after the primary fermentation produces a wine with a lower alcohol content and less carbon dioxide pressure during the secondary fermentation in bottle.
- As a result, Satèn is an altogether creamier, more delicate and ‘silky’ style of sparkling wine, perfect at aperitif time as well as with canapés, light starters and shellfish: enjoy with a prawn cocktail or a steaming bowl of mussels in a white wine, garlic butter and parsley sauce.