NEW Franciacorta Brut
Vineyard: Borgo la Gallinaccia
Region: Brescia, Italy
Grape: 80% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Noir. 2012
Organic Brut sparkling white.
Case of 6 x Franciacorta is £162.00 and qualifies for FREE delivery
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Compared to other Italian sparkling wines, Franciacorta is relatively unknown outside Italy but that all seems to be changing now. This sparkling wine with unabashed style, drunk by the cognoscenti throughout Italy, is made from international grape varieties such as Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Blanc which give it a universal stamp with very much an Italian feel.
- Made in the traditional Champenoise method, this Franciacorta is from the biodynamic vineyard of Borgo La Gallinaccia, a tiny 3.5h holding with bijou production, in Brescia, northern Italy.
- A fine perlage and a wonderful creamy texture envelop the mouth, whilst soft citrus fruits and floral scents caress the senses. On the follow through, distinct brioche and biscuit notes add lovely complex flavours and a depth to the wine.
- This Brut wine, enriched in its structure by the addition of Pinot Noir, will happily accompany anything from light canapés to delicate yet hearty fish dishes, and even light meats such as thinly sliced charcuterie or a creamy tarragon chicken.