Vigna Elisa - Gran Selezione
Vineyard: Nunzi Conti
Region: Tuscany, Italy
Grape: 100% Sangiovese. Year 2012
Case of 6 xVigna Elisa is £204.00 and qualifies for FREE delivery
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- This 100% Sangiovese wine is called Gran Selezione meaning ‘great selection’ and comes from a single vineyard cru, Vigna Elisa. Its name is largely to do with the positioning and size of the vineyard as well as the meticulous detail and selection of Sangiovese grapes that are all estate grown.
- The higher elevation of the Vigna Elisa vineyard allows the grapes to ripen fully under long days of seasonal Tuscan sunshine whilst at night that cool altitude breeze helps keep the grapes at an equilibrium and retain their freshness. The result is a concentrated, powerful and harmonious wine with the vibrant, perfumed and herbaceous characteristics you would expect from premium quality Chianti from the Classico sub-region.
- Harvest takes place from mid to late October, when the grapes are picked by hand, carefully selected and de-stemmed before a gentle pressing. Fermentation takes place in steel tanks at a controlled temperature using indigenous yeasts. The wine is then decanted into wooden barrels where it is aged for a minimum period of 18 months, with a further 15 months in bottle before release.
- Ageability for this wine is generous, giving you decades of cellar time, although it begins to open up from around 6 years after harvest vintage, decanting will aid this nicely. Go big with fatty, slow-roasted meats, like a shoulder of lamb, and some aged cheese such as Pecorino Toscano, Parmigiano Reggiano or Gouda.