NEW Gewurztraminer Praesulis
Vineyard: Gump Hof
Region: Alto Adige, north-east Italy.
Grape: 100% Gewurztraminer. Year 2017
Case of 6 x Gewurztraminer is £123.00 and qualifies for FREE delivery
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles or in a 2-bottle box with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- It is widely believed that the Alto Adige town of Termeno (Tramin) is the original birthplace of the grape Gewürztraminer, which is more commonly referred to in Italy as Traminer. This particular bottling comes from the foot of the Schlern Massif in the Isarco Valley at 400- 550m asl.
- You can expect an unusual bracing acidity and freshness, which is exactly what the top quality producers from this region set out achieve, then savour a wine that’s dripping with ripe peaches, lychee, rose petals and cinnamon. Fermentation takes place in steel tanks and is then aged for 8 months on the fine lees.
- When it comes to pairing food with Gewürztraminer, look for aromatic or fragrant dishes such as Chinese or Thai cuisine, as well as foods cooked with wild herbs such as fennel or rosemary. Cheeses such as Camembert, Stilton and Gouda are good recommendations.