Vineyard: Terra di Briganti
Region: Benevento, Campania, southern Italy.
Grape: 100% Aglianico, found in the regions of both Campania and Basilicata. Year 2012
Organic red wine.
Case of 6 x Martumme is £117.00 and qualifies for FREE delivery
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles or in a 2-bottle box with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Aged for 12 months in French barriques, this delectable Aglianico is full-bodied with a silky smooth texture on the palate; unctuous black and red fruits and notes of vanilla and spice are prevalent. This specific bottling comes from the mountains surrounding Benevento, in the Sannio region, which manages to produce some of the world’s richest and most age-worthy wines.
- Much of the land where Aglianico is cultivated is of volcanic origin and, therefore, the complexity of the soil and generally cool microclimates of these vineyards allow for layered, complex and highly evocative wines that are still relatively inexpensive.
- Look to pair this wine with a hearty beef casserole or fillet steak. Good cheeses are Pecorino, Taleggio or Gorgonzola.