Gavi - Luna sul Poggio
Vineyard: Il Poggio
Region: Piedmont, Italy
Grape: 100% Cortese. Year 2017
Case of 6 x Gavi is £93.00
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Made entirely from the Cortese grape, Gavi was one of Italy’s most popular and widely regarded white wine grape between the 60’s and 70’s. Unfortunately, during the 80’s, too much Cortese was being produced and many bottlings were devoid of the character and exuberance that had captured the hearts and palates of many consumers the world over.
- Cut to present day Gavi and you could say Cortese has never been better, with many up-and-coming wine makers producing its finest and fullest examples. This particular bottling comes out of the Rovereto area, a specific subzone known for more powerful, concentrated and intensely perfumed Gavis.
- Expect high acidity, crisp green apple and melon counterbalanced with a chalky minerality that lends well to a range of local cuisine such as trofie al pesto to delicate fish: scallops or sea bream, or a saffron risotto? Cheese pairings could include Feta, Camembert and Toma.