NEW Roero Arneis DOC
Region: Piedmont, Italy
Grape: Arneis. Year 2017
Organic white wine.
Case of 6 x Roero Arneis is £99.00
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles or in a 2-bottle box with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Since the turn of the century, the Arneis grape has risen from relative obscurity to become, what many consider, the most interesting white wine grape in Piedmont. Traditionally it was used in red wine blends such as Nebbiolo and Barbera to soften them but, more often than not, Arneis would keep the birds and bees away from the winemakers’ prized Nebbiolo grapes.
- The very adaptable Arneis grape seems to produce its best expression in the Roero’s white chalk and sandstone soils containing small amounts of marl. It has the potential to be one of Italy’s most intriguing white wines, encompassing an array of flavours and aromas that are both complex yet refined.
- Typically straw yellow in colour with shimmering green hues, expect fragrant aromas of white flowers, chamomile, white peach, grapefruit, sour apple and zesty citrus fruits. Arneis tends to be made in a clean, crisp and refreshing style, although after a few years in bottle it can start to take on more complex, herbal notes that are equally as interesting and welcoming.
- Food pairings include grilled chicken Caesar salad, butter and sage risotto or spinach and ricotta ravioli. For cheeses look at creamy soft cheeses such as Fontina or Stracchino.