NEW Pinot Nero Praesulis
Vineyard: Gump Hof
Region: Alto Adige, north-east Italy
Grape: Pinot Noir (nero). Year 2016
Organic red wine.
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles or in a 2-bottle box with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Pinot Nero, aka Pinot Noir, is made in very limited production, by only a handful of vintners in Alto Adige. Of those few, there’s a smattering that have quickly gained world-wide recognition for their efforts, with some of the finest examples of how Pinot Noir can fare in the rather dizzying heights of Alto Adige’s cool, alpine climate.
- A valley that winds its way through the Italian Dolomites, a mere 100 km from the Austrian border, might not be the first place you’d think of looking for Pinot Noir but that is what makes these wines so commendable. They’re everything that consumers today might seek out in a wine; rare, small production, hard to find, and masterfully cultivated by only the most experienced and patient of winemakers.
- This specific bottling comes from a single vineyard located in the southern Isarco Valley at an altitude of 550m asl. A cold maceration takes place for a week, followed by fermentation and rest time for 2 weeks thereafter; the wine is then decanted in barrique casks and aged for 12 months.
- A classy and elegant Pinot Nero that delivers intensely perfumed aromas of cherry, strawberry, mountain herbs and baking spices; on the palate, full fruit flavours in harmony with brisk, alpine-fresh acidity that continues to linger long on the finish. Food pairings could include smoked duck breast or chicken breasts in tarragon cream. A cheese platter, varying in styles from a delicate flavoured, washed rind cheese such as Taleggio to mild hard cheese such as Manchego would work well.