Barolo Cannubi Boschis
Region: Piedmont, Italy
Grape: 100% Nebbiolo. Year 2014
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- As far as Barolo wines go, Cannubi Boschis has to be one of the greatest expressions you’re likely to come across.
- A historical cru of the upmost quality and world-renowned recognition of the highest order, Cannubi Boschis is cultivated from vines grown in a specific sub-section on the Cannubi hill, where the predominant soils of the eastern and western halves of the region meet, combining the elegance of one with the power of the other.
- After the grapes are soft pressed, maceration with the grape skins takes place for around 10/12 days at a maximum temperature of 32 degrees. After the malolactic fermentation in spring, 50% of the wine is decanted into tonneau (500L) in which it matures for 18 months whilst the other 50%, in Slavonian oak barrels with a capacity of 50-60hl, matures for 6 - 12 months. After clarification, the wine is bottled without filtration and stays in bottle for one year before release.
- Deep ruby red in colour with subtle orange hues, it has an intense and ethereal bouquet that recalls rose petals, truffle, blackberry and ripe cherry. Finely tuned layers of wood, spice and tobacco leaf ensue with aeration, where it begins to gain complexity, showing its full ageing potential.