Region: Piedmont, Italy
Grape: 100% Nebbiolo. Year 2013
Organic red wine.
Case of 6 x Barolo is £198.00 and qualifies for FREE delivery
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles or in a 2-bottle box with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- “The king of wines and the wine of Kings”; this is just one of numerous complimentary phrases to describe what is widely regarded as Italy’s most noble wine.
- The vineyards of Barolo are far from extensive and it is here, in this sought-after parcel of land in the Langhe that the vines are meticulously cultivated by some of the world’s most reputable winemakers.
- This 12-hectare farm located in the heart of Barolo is fast gaining reputation amongst the region’s most established producers and wine aficionados for producing some of the finest Barolo today. It is run by the passionate Virna Borgogno, who took over the helm of the business from her father in 2001, and her sister Ivana.
- All the grapes used for the 65,000 annual bottle production are estate grown and can be found in all of the historical cru sites in Barolo such as Cannubi Boschis, Sarmassa, Preda, I Merli and San Giovanni.
- This specific bottling is cultivated in Novello (Merli) and has a wonderful ruby-red colour, with a rich, elegant and delicate bouquet which gradually recalls the scents of violets, ripe plums and dried cherries. Cinnamon spice, liquorice, white truffle and cigar leaf begin to emanate with aeration, whilst on the palate it is dry, with well- balanced flavours, quite dense and velvety to begin with, then opening up to a more harmonious, refined and lingering finish.
- Ageing well, this Barolo begins to open out around the fourth year and comes into its own around the eighth to tenth year.