Region: Piedmont, Italy
Grape: 100% Nebbiolo. Year 2015
Organic red wine.
Case of 6 x Barbaresco is £159.00 and qualifies for FREE delivery
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles or in a 2-bottle box with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only).
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- It is said that if Barolo is the king of wine, Barbaresco is the queen, perhaps due to its slightly finer and more effeminate character. Typically ripening earlier in Barbaresco than Barolo, Nebbiolo from the calcareous soils of Barbaresco tends to produce a gentler style of wine, that’s typically closed when young and needs aeration before starting to express its fullest capabilities.
- This particular Barbaresco is grown within the commune of Barbaresco itself, a small 4-hectare plot of land that’s been family-run since the 1960’s. Contemporary in terms of technology yet very much traditional in the style of winemaking, fermentation takes place in temperature controlled stainless steel vats, and is then refined for 18 months in 2000/2500L Slavonian oak barrels and a further 6 months in bottle before release.
- Expect dried cherries and strawberries, mingling with wild roses and cinnamon spice, balanced wonderfully with a cleansing, refreshing acidity. Look to pair this with fairly rich, fatty foods such as slow roasted lamb or beef casserole. Cheese options could be Robiola, made from goats milk, or Camembert.