Region: Piedmont, Italy
Grape: 100% Nebbiolo. Year 2017
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- One of Barbaresco’s most famous and historic vineyards, located on a sloped amphitheatre in the heart of the village, Pajè is particularly rich in calcareous marl soil and limestone that is concentrated in a plot comprised of 1.83 hectares. Limited production is clearly evident and with a south/southwest facing position, it sits perfectly exposed to catch the growing season’s sunshine, thus ripening the grapes to their ideal polyphenolic content.
- The vines for this particular bottling are between 25 to 30 years old, producing a wine that’s powerfully poised with considerable elegance and finesse. Fermentation takes place in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats and is then refined for 18 months in 2000/2500L Slavonian oak barrels and a further 6 months in bottle before release.
- Sweet, mentholated cherries and fleshy plums come to the fore, with layers of aromatic wild rose petal, cinnamon and violets all leading to a brisk and refreshing finish. Quite simply, this is a significant wine and should be paired with hearty, rich dishes such as pappardelle with truffle and porcini mushrooms, fillet steak with béarnaise sauce, and goats milk cheeses such as Bonne Bouche or Nababbo.