Region: Piedmont, Italy
Grape: 100% Nebbiolo. Year 2018
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only)although we cannot always guarantee it .
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Nebbiolo is often described as one of Italy’s most noble grape varieties and, perhaps, Italy’s answer to Pinot Noir. Fiercely tannic yet fairly light in colour, you’d be forgiven for thinking that if you were studying the colour of Nebbiolo through a wine glass, it wouldn’t be as complex and dense, both in structure and flavour, as it actually is. Despite Nebbiolo’s lack of deep pigmentation, these wines age very well, with the combination of tannins, acidity and alcohol.
- Being naturally a thin-skinned grape, it is susceptible to spring frosts, harsh winds and autumn downpours, so there is a certain amount of meticulous management and patience involved in the growing of Italy’s most cherished grape variety. Think of this particular bottling as a more immediate and accessible stepping stone to the highly perfumed, gracefully refined, yet powerfully evocative Barbarescos and Barolos.
- Expect a dusting of dried cherries, cinnamon and ground spice, full of flavour that lies in perfect harmony with fresh, food-friendly acidity. A platter of thin, cold cut slices of roast beef, chicken, ham or turkey with a selection of soft cheeses such as Brie or Taleggio, Feta or chunks of Parmigiano Reggiano would make a great starter. Main courses could include wild mushroom risotto or pappardelle al ragù.