Vineyard: Dario Coos
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia, North-east Italy
Grape: Verduzzo. Year 2020
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Made by only a handful of vintners, in 2001 Verduzzo Ramandolo was elevated to DOCG status. Ramandolo was once a well-kept secret but today, like nearly everything else in Friuli, word has spread!
- This sweet wine is made from botrytis-infected grapes and is named after its locality which highlights its unique and small-production scale.
- Golden-yellow in colour, which intensifies with ageing, it has a delicate, sweet nose that opens into a broad bouquet of floral aromas characterised by rich, honeyed notes. On the palate it is balanced with long and lasting aromas of acacia blossoms, violets and vanilla extract.
- Fermentation takes place in second or third passage barriques, with the ageing process in wooden barrels for at least one year.
- A great conversational wine, ideal for pairing with desserts such as fruit cake, apple strudel and blue or tangy cheese with quince.