Pinot Bianco Mediaevum
Vineyard: Gump Hof
Region: Alto Adige, north-east Italy.
Grape: 100% Pinot Bianco. Year 2017
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- This youthful Pinot Bianco comes from the southern Isarco Valley at the foot of the Schlern massif at an altitude of 400-500m above sea level.
- Pale golden in colour with greenish hues, it generates clean, crisp notes of peach, golden apple, jasmine and chalky minerals. On the palate its racy, fresh aromas come to life with complex notes of citrus, pear, and honeysuckle blossoms, laden with those flinty limestone minerals that transcend into a long and mouth-watering finish.
- This wine is a great example of how Pinot Bianco can be made both youthful and complex, with Markus Prackwieser’s use of stainless steel fermentation and fine lees ageing for at least 6 months before release.
- Food: shellfish appetisers, baked cheese gnocchi, fagioli bean soups and potato gratin. Cheese: Camembert or a mild goats cheese.