Pinot Bianco Praesulis
Vineyard: Gump Hof
Region: Alto Adige, north-east Italy.
Grape: 100% Pinot Bianco. Year 2016
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- The Alto Adige is home to an impressive array of white grapes, often cultivated at rather dizzying heights. Among these is Pinot Bianco, widely considered to be the region’s most elegant and refined of white wine grapes. Vintners enjoy working with Pinot Bianco because it allows them to make several distinctive styles of wine: from youthful, floral refreshing styles to those with added oak ageing that lend to more complex and structured bottling.
- The grape itself, like Pinot Grigio, is a mutation of Pinot Nero, and was often mistaken for Chardonnay, which tends to look similar; however, its natural acidity and reserved characteristic is a giveaway.
- You can expect aromas of white flowers and green melon followed by almond and green apple flavours. The finish has a mineral component that is long and palate-cleansing.
- Fermentation takes place in steel tanks with 1/3 in tonneaux where it is aged for around 8 months before bottling.
- Food: seabass or seabream with a squeeze of lemon and pinch of parsley to chicken breasts wrapped in speck, filled with cream cheese and chive. Cheese: Taleggio or Montasio.