Region: Colli Euganei, Veneto, Italy
Grape: 100% Merlot. Year 2012
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £120.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Winemakers in the Veneto are not solely restricted to producing wines with Corvina or Garganega. With such zones as Colli Euganei being prime territory for Merlot and Cabernet, thanks to a trail of volcanic activity (the only volcanic terrain in northern Italy) which is perfectly suited to both varieties. Over the last decade or so, the wine scene in this part of the Veneto, lying south of Vicenza and west of Padova, has really developed and there are a handful of top producers that are crafting some of the finest examples of Merlot and Cabernet to come out of Italy.
- Surrounded by almond and olive trees, this Mediterranean hamlet is home to three hectares of highly concentrated Merlot that is a deep, inky purple colour reminiscent of Syrah.
- The nose has intense and powerful notes of black cherry, raspberry, ripe plum, vanilla essence, spice and cloves. On the palate it is full and rich with luscious, ripe dark fruits and spices that gently coax and caress the inside of the mouth.
- Fermentation takes place part in steel and part in wooden barrels with a maceration period of 15-20 days. Ageing takes place in wooden barrels and casks for 3 years before bottling.
- Food: a sausage and fennel casserole, pasta al forno, or a hearty beef lasagne. Medium cheeses such as Manchego or cheddar would pair nicely.