Region: Colli Euganei, Veneto, Italy
Grape: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Year 2012
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- From the thermal soils of Colli Euganei comes a beautifully structured, powerful and complex Cabernet Sauvignon which thrives in this terrain that seems to feed the vine all the necessary nutrients to coax the grapes to their fullest and most expressive potential. It is thought that here, in what used to be a rather overlooked territory due to the popularity of its nearby neighbours in Valpolicella and Soave, Italy’s first plantings of Cabernet were discovered.
- Deep ruby-red in colour, this wine gives off generous scents of wild blackcurrants, dark cherry, bell pepper, cinnamon, ground spice and cocoa. On the palate it is elegant, smooth and warm with well-integrated tannins that envelop the mouth without being too invasive. The finish is long, persistent and in harmonious balance.
- Fermentation takes place in part-steel and part-wooden oak barrels. It is then refined in tonneaux and large wooden barrels for 3 to 5 years.
- Food: beef brisket, oxtail stew, or venison cheeks. For a more minimal approach, try pairing with salumi and Taleggio cheese.