Vineyard: Gump Hof
Region: Alto Adige, north-east Italy
Grape: Schiava. Year 2016
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- The Schiava grape remains a dominant component of Alto Adige’s vineyards, with more than 50% of the vineyards planted to the light, fragrant red grape that can be reminiscent of Pinot Noirs or well-constructed Beaujolais.
- Widely enjoyed in the summer months, this light ruby- red wine with violet reflections has scents of wild berries, cherries and a hint of spice, whilst on the palate it is delicate and harmonious and has a bright, lively acidity that lends to a pleasantly persistent finish.
- Vinified after a brief cold maceration in stainless steel tanks for 7 days, once completed, 1/3 of the wine is transferred into large wooden barrels with biological de-acidification where it is aged for around 6-8 months.
- A versatile accompaniment with food, it is particularly well-matched with light pasta dishes, risotto alla parmigiana and baked white fish with tomato and caper sauce. Soft cheeses such as brie and Alta Badia would pair nicely.