Sauvignon Blanc Praesulis
Vineyard: Gump Hof
Region: Alto Adige, north-east Italy.
Grape: 100% Sauvignon Blanc. Year 2016
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Sauvignon Blanc is increasingly popular in both Trentino and Alto Adige and can produce some scintillating examples, with mouth-puckering acidity and a tingling sensation on the tongue. The cooler climate lends a harmonious balance between the ripeness of fruit from continuous hot summer days to alpine-fresh acidity from cool breezy nights.
- Straw-yellow in colour with pale golden shimmers, on the nose a most exquisite bouquet of white peaches, pink grapefruit, mandarin and gooseberry whilst on the palate, the crisp acidity and ripeness of fruit gives a refreshing and prolonged finish. After a short maceration of the grapes with gentle pressing, fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks with 1/3 transferred in wooden barrels (tonneaux) where it is aged for a short period to add complexity and texture.
- Food: from seafood appetisers such as oysters, scallops, shell-on prawns to more aromatic cuisine such as Thai green chicken curry or sashimi. Cheese: goats cheese and feta will pair terrifically with this wine.