Vineyard: Dario Coos
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia, North-east Italy
Grape: Malvasia. Year 2016
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- This is one of Italy’s go-to spring/summer wines due to its heady aromatics and perfumed notes. Malvasia is, by far, one of Italy’s most fragrant varieties and even though its origins are firmly rooted in Ancient Greece, its modern-day love affair with both Sicily and Northern Italy is clearly evident. Its versatility is used to make wines that range from dry or off-dry to sweet and can also be used in the production of sparkling wine.
- Pale golden in colour, this wine offers an abundance of fresh, white flowers, jasmine, acacia, peach and dried apricot, giving a textured and harmonious mouthfeel.
- Fermentation takes place in steel vats at a controlled temperature, where the wine remains in direct contact with the fermentation yeast (lees) for a further 6 months to add complexity and texture.
- Food: rich, fish dishes such as an octopus salad or tuna tartare; complements sushi nicely. Meat dishes: chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto.