Vineyard: Dario Coos
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia, North-east Italy
Grape: Pinot Grigio. Year 2016
- Our wines can be purchased as a case of 6 bottles, a 2 bottle box or single bottle box, with any combination of wines.
- Free delivery when you spend over £100.00. Next-day delivery when you order before 12.00pm midday (UK mainland only) although we cannot always guarantee it.
YOU MUST BE 18 OR OVER TO BUY THIS WINE.
- Pinot Grigio wines, found amongst the dramatic valleys in the foothills of the Italian Alps, specifically in Alto Adige and Friuli, are without a doubt the best in Italy.
- The Pinot Grigio grape is considered a high-end grape amongst top winemakers in Friuli. Low yields in steep vineyards with good drainage systems and an abundance of warm days and cool nights help the grape, dubbed “the prince of Friuli”, to express its full potential which can be outstanding and a far cry from the light, watery wine we may have come to know it as in recent years.
- This particular wine is floral, elegant and finely textured, with an intense straw-yellow colour and soft oyster shell reflections; expect fragrant notes of pear, vanilla and white flowers. On the palate it is clean, crisp with a long, persistent finish. Fermented in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature where it then remains in contact with its lees for at least 4 months.
- Food: from a hearty fish chowder to seafood risotto. Cheese: soft, creamy burrata or stracchino.